Why buy this bike?
- 20 inch (wheels) kids' bike with lightweight frame
- For ages 5 - 6 (52cm minimum inside leg)
- Seat post easily adjustable to change height
- Comes with grippy tyres and slicks
FROG 52 - 20 INCH (WHEELS) KIDS BIKE
Like the Frog 55, the Frog 52 is an easier rolling, lighter weight 20 inch wheel kids' bike. However, with its slightly smaller frame, the Frog 52 would be a safer option if your 5 or 6 year old can't comfortably clear a Frog 55 top tube.
- Lightweight aluminium alloy frame (10 inch seat tube) and fork.
- Quick release (no need to carry a spanner to change a tube) aluminium wheels.
- Easy to use, high quality Shimano Alivio Rapidfire Plus 8-speed gear shifter
- The alloy cranks are a child-friendly short (114mm) length with a 36t chainring.
- The sealed bottom bracket ensures these cranks spin freely.
- The 460mm alloy handlebar is fitted with narrow grips for smaller hands.
- This bars are fitted to a short 38mm alloy stem to keep them within easy reach.
- Tektro alloy V-brakes with alloy levers are such excellent stoppers, they are a common sight on good quality £300-£400 adult bikes.
- Being a British company, Frog know it makes sense to equip their bikes with front and rear mudguards.
- Minimum recommended inside leg measurement to the floor: 52cm.
- Approximate age range: from 5/6 to 8/9 year old.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 8.7kg.
Frog Bikes Sizing
Offering different sizing options - even when the bikes have the same wheel size - is a perfect illustration of the extra care taken by Frog - a new British company specializing in better quality kids' bikes.
As an example of their original approach, rather than numbering their kids' bikes by wheel size, Frog size their bikes by inside leg measurement. Hence the Frog 52 is recommended for children with a minimum inside leg measurement of 52cm (20.5 inches), so it fits children from 5/6 years old. It comes with a long aluminium seatpost with a quick release seat binder to make it easy to adjust the saddle as the child grows all the way up to 8 or 9 years old.
Reasons to Buy A Frog 52
Frog bikes, like better-quality adult bikes, are built with aluminium frames and (mostly) aluminium parts to keep the weight to a minimum. That way your child(ren) will experience maximum joy riding one of these bikes.
Another original detail is that the Frog 52 comes with lightweight alloy quick release wheels fitted with good quality Kenda 20 x 1.5 inch hybrid tyres which will be easier rolling than the 20 x 2 inch knobbly mountain bike tyres you'll find on most of their competitors' bikes. Skinnier tyres make a Frog bike easier to accelerate and hence more fun to ride.